The Global Centre for Work-Applied Learning (GCWAL) undertakes collaborative research with institutions of higher learning, organisations, and expert individuals in the areas related to Work-Applied Learning (WAL); and Work-Based Learning (WBL) Action Research and Action Learning; Case Study and Reflective Practice related to business and management areas.
GCWAL has specific research goals which are to:
- Undertake independent research that works with organisations and communities to build continuing positive change and increased managerial effectiveness using Work-Applied Learning (WAL);
- Contribute to knowledge and improved practice of WAL including WBL and disseminating this pioneering knowledge globally;
- Bring together practitioners, scholars and organisations committed to WAL and related areas both in Australia and around the world;
- Engage in WAL research projects including publications, conferences and seminars among other research activities; and
- Support WAL Consultancy in change management innovation, continuous improvement and WAL Professional Development programs, also leading to research projects.