The Global Centre for Work-Applied Learning (GCWAL) undertakes collaborative research with institutions of higher learning, organisations, and expert individuals in the areas related to Work-Applied Learning (WAL); and Work-Based Learning (WBL) Action Research and Action Learning; Case Study and Reflective Practice related to business and management areas.
GCWAL has specific research goals which are to:
- Undertake independent research that works with organisations and communities to build continuing positive change and increased managerial effectiveness using Work-Applied Learning (WAL);
- Contribute to knowledge and improved practice of WAL including WBL and disseminating this pioneering knowledge globally;
- Bring together practitioners, scholars and organisations committed to WAL and related areas both in Australia and around the world;
- Engage in WAL research projects including publications, conferences and seminars among other research activities; and
- Support WAL Consultancy in change management innovation, continuous improvement and WAL Professional Development programs, also leading to research projects.
The goals of WAL Research have been achieved so far through the following channels: